Wednesday, September 25, 2013

EXPLORING CRICUT
Baptism Layout
Welcome everyone!  Glad you could join me today for this weeks Design Team daily project at Exploring Cricut. http://exploringcricut.blogspot.com/

Sorry I have been away for so long. I have been under the weather an unable to get any of my crafting done. But, I'm back!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today, I am sharing a 12" x 12" layout I made for my daughter for her new baby for her Baptism. I hope you enjoy!
I cut out all of my pieces with my Cricut Expression and started by making my roses. (After I took the photo I fixed the open spaces you can see thru the roses by using some spray inks). I made the frames by using rectangles found on many cartridges. I sized them and then welded them to make a frame. I added a couple swirls I found and welded them into the frame. I then added tiny pink gems to add some bling.
 
 I cut the crosses from the Ultimate Creative Sampler Cartridge starting at 1.5" and making each one larger by 1/4 of an inch. I inked around the sides to age the crosses. I used pop dots to add dimension to it. Then I added the bling. I made the rose buds from the cartridge Formal Occasion. I just cut the bud and used a couple pop dots to round my bud around. I cut the large corner vines from the CTMH- Art Philosophy Cart. I added a few hearts to the vine. My leaves were cut from the cart Mother's Day Bouquet.
The photo in the top left corner was part of the invite for the baptism that I made for the occasion.
 A photo of her in her dress will be added before it is given to my daughter. I hope you have enjoyed my project today.  



Things I used:
My Cricut Craft Room
Cricut Cartridges - CTMH - Art Philosophy, Formal Occasions, Mother's Day Bouquet and Ultimate Creative Sampler
Scotch ATG Adhesive
Pop Dots
Zip Dry Adhesive
Gel Pens - White
Ink Memento light brown ink
Cardstock - Cricut 12"x 12"Red and White, Cricut White Textured paper The background papers were from my stash.
Clear swirl bling

Don't forget that every day, each one of the designers has a Cricut creation to share with you.  We hope to inspire you to explore your Cricut cartridges and have lots of fun doing it!!  Be sure to pop by http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/
everyday and be prepared to be amazed!
Thanks for dropping by today! Have a great day! God Bless!

Kathy  ©




4 comments:

  1. OMG-this is so gorgeous-I just love the roses and the cross-your daughter will be thrilled with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful. I love how you put it together. How do you add this 3D page to a book? I always make flat pages because the 3D ones don't fit in the protector pages.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! This is most awesomely beautiful Kathy!!!!!! The cross are fabulous and I love the roses. I am in awe!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better and are back! This is such an amazing project, I just can't get over the fabulous details you added. Such a darling little grand daughter!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments! :)